- 7 channels of power amplification
- 200 watts rms per channel (8 ohms, 20 Hz-20 kHz, < 0.5% THD)
- Automatic video format transcoder up converts video sources to S and
- Dolby Digital EX®, Dolby Pro Logic IIx®, DTS ES® and DTS Neo:6® decoding
- DSP Holographic Imaging for unbelievable soundstage enhancement
- 7.1 channel outputs plus stereo side outputs for a total of 9.1 channels
- Surround Back speaker outputs may be used for a second zone or side axis
- AM/FM tuner with 40 presets
- Gold plated inputs and outputs
- Six A/V inputs, each with audio, S-video and composite video
- 32-bit, 20 MHz control microprocessor and 24-bit, 150 MIPS Motorola Symphony
TM DSP processor
- Pre-programmed for most brands of A/V equipment
- Learns commands from your other remote controls
- Macro feature lets you program a sequence of control steps
- Operates up to ten components • No memory loss when changing batteries
The world's most powerful home theater receiver in a package the size of a typical
preamplifier. And this beauty will please the most discriminating audiophile. Really.
When you turn on your video component, the processor will choose the proper in
put for you. All you have to do is adjust the volume the way you want, then sit
back and enjoy. The same holds true if you wish to listen to a CD, watch a DVD and
more. The automatic video format transcoder up-converts composite video and S-video
to component video, allowing the Ultimate Receiver to act as your main video controller.
We have also made the Ultimate Receiver highly flexible so you can easily adjust
it to suit your taste.
We started with his highly-acclaimed Theater Grand III Home Theater Preamp/Processor
and then added seven channels of receiver-class power amplification. This receiver
can drive speakers with impedances as low as four ohms, with 400 watts per channel
at that impedance (for those uncompromising audiophiles who require the ultimate
in power amplifiers with a lower noise floor, more power, virtually limitless dynamics,
and one-ohm stability that can drive any speaker made, our separates systems are
for you). Bob designed it to produce a warm and engaging soundstage – both your
movie and music soundtracks will be smooth and dynamic.
The Ultimate Receiver II adds Dolby® Pro Logic® IIx to its array of numerous surround
modes including Dolby® Digital, Dolby® Digital EX, DTS®, DTS-ES®, DTS Neo:6®, and
user-configurable all-speaker stereo. It also includes an incredible digital implementation
our wildly successful Sonic Holography® Imaging, that substantially adds to the
acoustic space of any stereo recording.
The Ultimate Receiver II's control system takes into consideration the needs
of the modern AV system. New in version II is video format conversion that automatically
up-converts composite to S-video, and S-Video to component video to keep you from
having to change inputs on your TV.
The Ultimate Receiver II’s remote is a powerful new preprogrammed and learning LCD-based
design (a digital image of the actual receiver remote is not yet available. It is
identical to a Theater Grand remote, but with 'RCVR' instead of 'TGIII' or 'TGIV'
in the LCD window. The Ultimate Receiver II includes an RS 232 communication port
to allow easy operation from any custom control system.
The Ultimate Receiver II also includes an AM/FM tuner with 40 presets, an eight-channel
input for DVD-Audio or SACD, a Phono stage, a digital output which is active for
ALL analog and digital sources (even the phono input!) and much, much more.